Saturday, May 15, 2010

surfin' USA

0515002035Don't you just love it when you've thought to yourself a million times, "It sure would be nice if they made something like that..." and then you find it?


Asher's button is a constant source of frustration in that he really, really likes to grab and scratch at it.  We always have to dress him in either a onesie-type outfit, or use a plain white Gerber onesie as an undershirt if he's wearing a 2-piece outfit.  If we don't, he'll just go to town on his button.


I actually had the thought that doing aquatic therapy would be a heck of a lot easier if he were a girl simply because we could buy a one-piece bathing suit and not have to worry about it.  And I thought, it sure would be nice if they had one-pieces for guys.


Turns out they do!


This outfit from Speedo (called a Polywog, which cracks me up) is SO unbelievably perfect.  It has a built-in flotation device, will keep his skin insulated, and it's ONE PIECE!  When I saw it hanging at the store I first assumed it was two separate pieces being sold together as a set, but nope - the shirt and the shorts are sewn together.  It's the perfect size, too (for ages 1-2, up to 33 lbs).


The best part?  It was only $25 at Target!  Considering that it's basically the ideal swimming outfit, I would have paid twice that.  And if you know me, you know I'm a cheapskate frugal homemaker.  Frankly, giving me peace of mind and my little guy a great water experience?  Priceless.

2 comments: