Thursday, May 13, 2010

KidWalk

Asher was able to get in it after all!

We would need to finagle the adjustments on it a bit more if he were to get one, but I liked what I saw today!  He made some walk-like movements and managed to propel himself backwards.  Hopefully we'll get to test it out some more in a couple of weeks (his PT is off next week, but the company that is letting her try it out is supposed to let her keep it through the following week).
Here are a couple of pics:


Playing with Ms. Ellen.



His knees are bent here because he was being pushed forward and he leaned on his tip-toes... it was positioned at an appropriate height.

I was reminded again today that the school system will require Asher to have "three positions" that they can have him in during the day, so this could very well be an option for us in the coming months.

5 comments:

  1. Go Asher Go! :) Seeing this made me smile. I'm thankful for God's provision in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome, I can't wait til we get to do this with Danielle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks too cool! Exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. walk tall and carry a big stick! GO ASHER!

    ReplyDelete