Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another great find, and a big day


image from www.essentialwhites.com Man, good stuff is just coming out of the woodwork these days!

You know how I posted the other day about always having to put Asher in a onesie so he doesn't go after his button?  Well, a big concern of mine has always been what the heck we were going to do once he outgrew size 24 months, because that's where onesies stop.

Except they don't!

Someone on the CFC listserv posted this link the other day, and I was thrilled!  I'm so relieved to know that we can now go all the way up to size 5T - and they have both short and long sleeves.  Yay!

In other news, Asher had a BIG day at therapy today - he signed More!  He's sort of signed it here and there, but always with prompting and never with much consistency... but today he signed it several times, and all on his own!  It's a sign we've been working on for a long, long time, and it's so awesome to see the fruits of all that effort.  He made his SLP cry.  Of course, he hasn't done it for me at home yet (stinker), but he will.  :)


image from image.kidsii.com His OT recommended we pick up some linking beads for him, so I got these tonight at Wal-Mart (we were there to pick up a Site-to-Store order, thus forsaking our beloved Target).  I'm not sure if they're quite what she's using, but I think they will serve the purpose - getting him to be more purposeful when he has two objects in his hands (he's very good at holding two things, but all he ever wants to do is bang them together... this works on expanding his motor skill set).  I saw similar links at Borders the other night... for $20!  I was sooo not gonna pay $20 for plastic linky things.  I knew I could get a better deal.  I got the Bright Starts ones for $7 - much more my speed.  :)


image from 3.bp.blogspot.com And finally, the part I've been putting off because I wish it weren't so, and because I was yearning so badly for a different outcome.  Ms. Chrissie went home to be with Jesus this morning.  She fought so valiantly, and her mom has been so strong throughout everything.  I take comfort knowing that she is finally healed and free from pain, but my heart breaks for Lorraine.  Thank you to everyone who has prayed for them - they still very much need those prayers as they face a world forever changed.

5 comments:

  1. Like! up until the last paragraph. So sorry to hear about Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan told me about Asher's big day!! So happy to hear that! It's really the first way he is starting to convey his desire for something and that is HUGE! Yeah Asher!! ps...don't mind that big moving truck in front of the house :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it yesterday afternoon and was sad. Just peeked and saw it out there again. I think you're just torturing us. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot for onesies and linkie-thingys under $20! And woohoo for signing 'more'! So sorry about the sad news, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sad, but she had more love in that short of time than ever before. What an amazing family

    ReplyDelete