Monday, May 10, 2010

busy bees

Today begins our first week of our new grueling schedule.  It looks something like this:

M: Speech 1:00-1:30 (ATS)
T: Feeding 10:00-10:30 (ATS); PT 11:30-12:15 (HPR)
W: OT/Speech 12:30-1:30 (ATS)
T: PT 11:30-12:15 (HPR); EI 2:00-3:00 (HOME)

ATS=Advanced Therapy Solutions and HPR=High Pointe Rehab

I'm a little wary of the Tuesday set up.  The appointments aren't far enough apart where I can go home and feed Asher in between (and give him enough time to digest), but they're not close enough together to just go from one to the next.  I'm still trying to figure out whether I should bother coming home or grab a coffee in between or what.  I guess we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Christina came in during therapy time at ATS today to say hi to Asher.  :)  I'm sure he was happy to see her, as was I.  I should clarify that she (nor any of the therapists at ATS for that matter) have ever made me stay in the waiting room.  He was always being co-treated, so I didn't want to be back there and be a distraction (and let's face it, I like my tea and book time).  Both Christina and Susan were coming out to our house for months when Asher first came home from Vandy, so I felt comfortable and familiar with their approaches.

In other news, we need to start getting more water into Asher.  We had to give him a glycerin supp today because he hadn't gone #2 in several days, and it wasn't pretty.  It's difficult finding the balance between getting the water into him and not causing him to throw it all up because he has too much volume.  We try to give him most of it during naptime, but Asher's now at an age where naptime is not a guaranteed thing.  Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment