Saturday, May 1, 2010

in case of emergency

0426002058Today we're being hermetic and staying indoors.  The pool is finally full, thanks to weather that causes things like this to happen.

(you should click that link - it's kind of amazing, in a totally freakish way)

I was thinking to myself as we were watching this on the news today that this could very well have happened on a day that Asher had a Vandy appointment, and that we could have very well been one of those cars.  They were literally driving down the interstate one minute and then completely trapped the next.  The water rose that quickly.  One person in that area lost his life, as well as four more from the midstate area.

And then I thought, what if he was older?  And bigger?  And what if he weren't walking by then?  Would we have gotten out safely? 

I'm realizing that I need to think through our emergency preparedness a little more deeply.  Because, despite what that sticker says, Asher is a priceless treasure, and we his keepers.

2 comments:

  1. Cayla, I am in the middle of my PhD exams (was studying hard all semester - did not do much else). Today I finally took out a little time to catch up on your best blog yet! Love love loving it!
    Best
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bea!
    (good luck on exams!)

    ReplyDelete