Friday, April 16, 2010

Raising Asher

So I know what you're thinking.

Really, Cayla?  Another
blog?

Well... in short, yes.  :)

In
not-so-short, I've been thinking about doing this for awhile now and
just haven't taken the time to make it happen.  Technically I don't have
that time this weekend, but I'm feeling inspired, so here I sit at
12:26AM, typing this little explanation to you, faithful reader.

I
already have a blog.  You can read it here.  I have no plans for it to go anywhere.  As
a matter of fact, I'm still in the process of trying to convince my
husband that he needs to do his fair share and post once in awhile.  But
whereas MMLA is about basically anything and everything, this blog is
about one thing only: Asher.

Some of you know Mr. Asher and
his story quite well already.  Some of you don't (but soon will).  Now
that we have entered into the realm of the two-year-old, it's time to
chronicle.

You see, for so long Asher was so
behind.  He still is.  But before he had little interest in the world
around him, and frankly, I was just trying to get by and clinging to a
prayer.  Over the past several months I've watched as my son hit
milestones that I once was unsure if he would ever reach.  I've watched
his personality blossom into its own very distinct Asher-ness.  I can
play with him... and he can play back.  I can talk to him... and he
responds to me in his own little language.  Yes, most kids have blazed
past him as they hit their own earmarks of development, but Asher has
never given up, and though he is left behind in their wake, he is
marching ahead at the pace he and God have determined.

And
I'm okay with that.


2 comments:

  1. I will read with interest about Asher and you...And I pray God bless your efforts as you are encouraging (be it your goal or not, you are).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, LaNette. :)

    ReplyDelete