Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Used=Awesome

We have a store here in town called Once Upon A Child that sells used children's clothing and toys.  Awhile back I won a $25 gift card in a drawing (that NEVER happens to me!), so I went today to spend what was left on the card.  I got this epically awesome wooden toy for just $15!  The trolley on the top (zoo theme) is detachable and can be played with separately, and the four sides have an abacus, a peg maze, a xylophone, and a whiteboard.  It's so cool!  I imagine it was rather expensive new.  Asher started playing with the abacus beads right away, as well as flicking the little blocks on the trolley on top.

The other toy I got for Asher was this alligator xylophone.  One of the skills he is working on in OT is holding a drumstick in his hand and banging on something.  He has drum toys at home, but they're all hand drums.  The xylophone on the wooden toy didn't come with a stick, so it didn't really help in working on that goal.  The alligator fits the bill.  He was only $5.50, too.
All in all, it was a good shopping day!

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic scores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the power of used toys...craigslist and rummages are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was playing with a xylophone with him in the nursery a couple of weeks ago, and every time I would 'make music' he would smile and look at it! Very cool finds!
    Have you ever been to Wee-Cycled on the bypass? They don't have the selection that OUAC does, and I think they have more clothes than toys, but a decent, little consignment shop and in the other side is New To You, which is women's clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *score* Love that you found a great way to use your awesome gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that he was playing with the abacus beads first! Go Asher! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete