Saturday, April 9, 2011

My preschooler!

Asher has completed his first two weeks of preschool.  It's quite surreal to drop your three-year-old off at a local elementary school and then come home to... quiet.  His school day is five hours long, so it's quite the span of "me time."  I still don't know what to do with it!

Asher is doing fabulous.  I mean really.  Not, "I'm a mom so of course my kid is awesome."  He has seriously had one bout of fussiness, one afternoon, and that's it (well, and he did whimper for the first 10 minutes of his first day, but I'm not counting that - because I AM a mom and of course my kid is awesome - lol).  He comes home in a happy mood, and his communication folder has always had a note about how great of a day he had.  It rocks.

They've been doing the Icky Alphabet, Iggy Iguana, gray and purple, G/H/I, and of course various learning centers.  He came home Friday with some remnant green paint/marker on his hands, so he's been having fun with art, too.  Occasionally the kids get to go to the "treasure chest" and pick out a toy, I assume as a reward system.  Asher has two treasures so far.

He did miss Wednesday for a dentist appointment, which was quite traumatic - but that's another post for another time.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. He is awesome :) Glad to hear he is loving preschool and you have some "me time"...you deserve it Cayla! You have done a great job with him so far!

    ReplyDelete